Saturday, August 4, 2012

Thank You For Smoking

After suffering somewhat of a reading slump, I was excited to read this book. The portion of the movie I saw seemed really interesting. The book wasn't a bad read by far. The premise and satire was potent enough to carry it through and some of the jokes did land nicely. The book's pace is fast which also helped. And now for the side eye portion of the reading experience. The running gag about black women could have been left in the author's head. The lead character Naylor, while charming, was more likable in the movie than in the book. The ending itself also felt too nicely wrapped. And so 3 stars on goodreads. I am reading the second book in the Ladies Detective Agency book and after that I'm sure I'll dip my toe in Storm of Swords.

No comments:

Post a Comment