Saturday, October 13, 2012

Halloween Read

I don't usually do this but I thought I'd read this book now because Halloween is right around the corner. I'm not quite finish with it yet but I need to be done before Halloween.

In short, her life sucked and then she died but she sucked at dying and now she's learning how to be a ghost. Seriously, it's a fine combination of sad/funny. At first, you swear this is about to be a rom-com but I am almost halfway finished and nope. I'm good with that though because I don't need her to fall in love or whatnot. I mean, at this point, how would that work?

It's not exciting and it's not really that spooky. I guess I was hoping for fantasy with sarcasm and I got sarcasm with fantasy. I'm used to a bit more lore and just creepiness. I read Vertigo Comics. Just saying. I can feel someone about to 'son' me right now with a creepier independent company. But anyway, this does not take away from the book. It would be a quicker read if it weren't so depressing but Notaro's humor keeps the depression in check.

I definitely had flashbacks to Dead Like Me. Remember Dead Like Me? It was great. This book is not as great as Dead Like Me. I don't want to slam this book but I don't want to lie to you.

See:

I picked the Season 2 trailer for Roxy.

No comments:

Post a Comment